Why end might the Most Luxurious Way to Travel on a Rail Journey by Private Train
Rail journeys by private train are in a class of their own: restful and satisfying, with modern amenities, abundant food, wine, and entertainment, and stellar staff to boot. Few other journeys allow you to experience so many fascinating destinations and cultures without sacrificing the comforts of home and style.
All luxury rail journeys by private train in MIR’s extensive menu provide chic and comfortable accommodations in every cabin category. But the most luxurious cabins on the most exclusive private trains in our collection — the Golden Eagle and the Golden Eagle Danube Express — offer that extra special “first class” touch that makes for an even more memorable travel experience.
Imperial Suites on Golden Eagle departures sell out quick. Reserve a suite now!
Chat with one of our destination specialists by email or by phone at 1-111-111-1111 to start planning your travels today!
Celebrate a special occasion, or treat yourself or a loved one to something different from the everyday, by booking an Imperial Suite or Superior Deluxe Class cabin, our best-in-class offerings on Golden Eagle and Golden Eagle Danube Express rail journeys by private train. Beautifully appointed furnishings, more room to stretch out your legs, and a range of all-inclusive extras combine to create relaxing retreats that’ll take your travels to new and extraordinary heights.
Here’s a peek at what it’s like to experience the best of the best aboard two of the world’s finest private trains: the Golden Eagle and the Golden Eagle Danube Express.
Golden Eagle: Imperial Suites
Imperial Suite cabins are the most beautiful and spacious cabins available onboard the Golden Eagle. Measuring a surprising 120 sq. ft. (11.1 sq. m.), they are furnished with a luxurious king size bed, dedicated seating area, dressing table and private en suite facilities with large power shower and under-floor heating. Individual air-conditioning, wardrobe, DVD/CD player with LCD screen and two large picture windows make the cabin a pleasant retreat.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Imperial Suite guests also enjoy optional private off-train touring during city stops, a selection of complimentary drinks from the premium bar list, laundry service, and room upgrades at hotels.
Each sleeping carriage on the Golden Eagle has its own attendants who provide bed turndown service, plus tea, coffee and mineral water 24 hours a day. Attendants keep an eye on everything while guests are away from the train. L’Occitane body products, as well as premium bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer, are also provided.
- 120 sq. ft. cabin area
- Sleeps 2 in king size bed
- Sitting area
- In-cabin dining options
- Remote controlled air-conditioning and heating
- Recessed lighting and wardrobe
- Dressing table
- Personal safe
- Complimentary fully stocked minibar
- Private en suite bathroom with full power shower and under floor heating
- Bathrobes, slippers and toiletries
- DVD/CD player with LCD screen
- Towels and linens changed daily
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water available at all times
- Dedicated cabin attendant
- Drinks from the Bar Car included from the Standard and Premium Bar List (excluding Premium Wine List)
- Laundry service included
- Hotel room upgrade to next available category
- 1 cabin per carriage (plus 3 Gold cabins)
Life Aboard the Golden Eagle
The exclusive Golden Eagle private train furnishes the dream of Old World rail travel with modern comforts and amenities that make the journey as pleasant as the destination. The luxurious Golden Eagle is a fully en suite train and a restful and satisfying way to experience legendary rail routes.
Dining Cars feature local and European cuisine complemented by a selection of local and European wines (except on trips in Iran). There’s no assigned seating at meals, encouraging travelers to mingle and meet others from around the world. When travelers aren’t eating here, the Dining Cars are used for onboard lectures and viewing documentaries.
The Bar/Lounge Car is also a favorite destination on the train, offering a relaxing and comfortable area where you can enjoy a drink, take language lessons, and gather around the piano with other passengers.
Ride the Rails in Imperial Suite Comfort on these 2018 Luxury Rail Journeys by Private Train
- NEW! Trans-Siberian BAM Explorer with Naadam Festival
- The Trans-Siberian Classic Route: Eastbound / Westbound
- The Trans-Siberian Mongolian Route with Naadam Festival: Westbound
- The Trans-Siberian Baikal Express Route
- The Trans-Siberian Ulaanbaatar Express Route
- The Trans-Siberian Winter Wonderland Route: Eastbound / Westbound
- Arctic Explorer by Private Train: Quest for the Northern Lights
- Caspian Odyssey by Private Train
- Iran & The ‘Stans by Private Train: Eastbound / Westbound
- Jewels of Persia & The Silk Route by Private Train: Eastbound / Westbound
Golden Eagle Danube Express: Superior Deluxe Class
The Superior Deluxe Class on the Golden Eagle Danube Express is the ultimate in luxury European rail accommodation, featuring only four modern en suite cabins per car, complete with WiFi access.
Designed and built for the Golden Eagle Danube Express’ 2017 departures, Superior Deluxe cabins include a full-length sofa and two chairs, a double wardrobe, individually controlled air conditioning, USB ports, power sockets, personal safe, and a newly designed en suite bathroom with its own shower cubicle.
At night, your attendant transforms the sofa into a king size double bed. The two picture windows, one of which opens, bring light and air into your private retreat.
Each car on the Golden Eagle Danube Express has its own attendants who provide bed turndown service, plus tea, coffee and mineral water from the early morning hours until 9 p.m. Attendants keep an eye on everything while guests are away from the train. Towels are provided, and onboard laundry service is available.
- 93 sq. ft. cabin area
- Sleeps 2 in UK standard king size bed (6 ft. 2 in. by 5 ft.)
- Armchair, full-length sofa
- Sitting area with freestanding chairs and table
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- 2 large picture windows – 1 opens partially
- Adjustable lighting
- Double wardrobe
- Personal safe
- 2 USB ports
- Electrical outlets
- Private en suite bathroom with shower cubicle
- Slippers and toiletries
- Towels and linens changed every three days
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water available morning to night
- Beer, wine and soft drinks from the Bar Car included (excluding Premium Wine List)
- 4 cabins per carriage
Life Aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express
The Golden Eagle Danube Express private train provides everything you need for a pleasurable journey. Join travelers from around the world to enjoy the relaxed and casual environment onboard, with no need to wear formal attire on excursions or while dining.
Dining Cars feature European cuisine complemented by a selection of European wines. The Bar/Lounge Car offers a relaxing and comfortable area where you can enjoy a drink and enjoy lively conversation with other passengers.
Ride the Rails in Superior Deluxe Class Comfort on these Luxury Rail Journeys by Private Train
Travel with MIR on a Rail Journey by Private Train
MIR is an award-winning company with over 30 years of travel experience in this area of the world, as well as affiliate offices in Siberia, Western Russia and Uzbekistan, providing a superior edge in on-the-ground operations.
MIR makes it easy to discover incredible destinations on all of our private rail journeys. Each train departure features comfortable accommodations, modern amenities, and superb service on board, and allows travelers to easily and efficiently cover thousands of miles across multiple time zones.
Give us a call at 1-111-111-1111 or email us to talk with one of our experts about your rail travel dreams. With so many rail journeys available and fabulous special savings offers to boot, one of them is sure to fit your style, schedule and budget.
(Top Photo: Impeccable service awaits on board the Golden Eagle Danube Express.)
PUBLISHED: April 21, 2017