MIR in the News: AFAR Magazine, TravelAge West, Conde Nast Traveler, DestinAsian, and more!
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- MIR vice president Annie Lucas was recently interviewed in TravelAge West about traveling to so called .
“We try to make a region that most people are intimidated by accessible,” Lucas said. “That’s been our goal since the very beginning.”
MIR’s clients tend to be “country-collectors,” Lucas says — savvy, experienced consumers looking for a unique experience far from the well-trodden path. However, that’s not to say that these destinations are off-limits to the more mainstream buyer; at MIR, special accommodations and customizations can be made for families with children, multigenerational groups or clients who take things at a slower pace.
- and each chose dog-sledding in Siberia as one of their “30 Most Romantic Adventures.”
- MIR’s new small group tour, Remote Russia: Yakutia & Kamchatka, was featured in the , a luxury lifestyle blog.
- DestinAsian Magazine, the leading luxury travel magazine for the Asia-Pacific region, included MIR’s Trans-Siberian BAM Explorer with Naadam Festival luxury rail journey in its round-up of “.”
- In a recent article on the blog, writer and family travel expert Erin Gifford mentioned MIR as an expert in arranging custom itineraries for Jewish people seeking their lost families in Eastern Europe.
MIR Corporation…puts together ancestry travel tours for Jewish clients interested in tracing their roots in Europe and the Middle East. By working with a team of private journey specialists, travelers can expect handcrafted itineraries that enable them to connect with their family heritage.
- MIR planned a special VIP welcome for journalist Anya von Bremzen’s trip to Armenia as part of AFAR Magazine’s feature.
- International Travel News recently featured one of MIR’s newest small group tours, Village Traditions of the South Caucasus, in its . The tour has also been a popular feature among other news outlets, including , , , and .
- MIR’s popular small group tour, The Pamir Highway & Across Fabled Frontiers, was featured in , a high-end travel blog.
(Click on photo for larger image)
(Top Photo: Baking ‘tonis puri’ Georgian bread is an art, handed down from generation to generation; Photo credit: Martin Klimenta)
PUBLISHED: April 20, 2018