How Custom & Private Travel Works
Traveling privately means you travel at
your own pace on your own itinerary.
It’s easy to get started!
Choose one of three ways:
For starters, our travel specialists will ask easy questions:
- Do you know where you want to go?
- It’s okay if not – our specialists can help you narrow down the choices.
- How do you want to travel?
- We can build a luxurious program with five star hotels, or a more economical one.
- What is your desired pace of travel?
- Lots of downtime to explore markets, or do you prefer to see as much as possible in a short time?
- When do you want to travel? How long do you want to spend on the road?
- We can advise the perfect amount of time to spend in each city, or we can build the tour around your fixed or restricted dates.
- How many are in your travel party and what are their ages?
- Will this be a solo adventure, just a couple of you, a family vacation or something for your whole gang?
- What do you especially want to see or do?
- Just the highlights of the capitals, an in-depth exploration of the countryside, or a mix?
We’ll Draft an Overview Itinerary
We’ll create a suggested itinerary for your review and feedback.
We Present Your Custom Proposal
We’ll flesh out the details, including projected land tour costs, visa requirements, and optional custom airfare.
If you’d like, we’re also happy to offer references and feedback from past MIR clients.
The Ball Is In Your Court
Once you’re ready to reserve your perfect trip:
- Secure your reservation with a non-refundable deposit.
- Fill out and sign the required reservation form.
Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
We’ll send you a full confirmation packet with lots of information to help you plan, pay for, prepare for, and even pack for your trip. Your Tour Specialist is with you from now until you depart and will make sure that everything goes according to plan:
- You’re met on arrival and seen off at the end of your trip.
- Your in-country transportation and lodging are pre-arranged.
- Your own private, expert local guides ensure you get the most out of your trip.
What’s the first step for you?
- If you’re ready, start with Step 1 and give us a call or fill out our online Custom Travel Inquiry.
- If you aren’t sure yet what you want, take a look at our Trip Finder or the Signature Why end mights featured on each of our destination pages.
- If you’re just learning about our part of the world, check out our Regional Travel Planners.