MIR in the News: Travel Weekly, Travel Channel, Luxury Travel Magazine & More
As experts in travel to Central Asia, Russia, Mongolia and beyond, it’s always gratifying when word of our tours and destinations is noticed and shared. Here are some of MIR’s recent mentions in the press:
- MIR’s Annie Lucas is quoted in the Iran section in a NY Times article, “.”
- Annie Lucas is also quoted in a Tehran Times article, “.”
- Annie Lucas spoke about travel, especially to Iran, in “.”
Patricia Schultz, travel enthusiast and author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, was recently a special host on one of MIR’s signature small group tours, Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Culture. She shared some of her impressions of the tour with Travel Weekly:
Under the radar, poorly understood and often maligned, much of the western Balkans — the former Yugoslavia and Albania — has remained a blind spot on travelers’ radar long after the dust settled from turbulent times in the 1990s…Yet there is also much that is abuzz, with a bevy of small capital cities whose cultural and nighttime scenes thrive and even flourish.
- Luxury Travel Magazine also featured Balkan Odyssey: Crossroads of Culture in an article titled “.”
- Travel Channel writer and family travel expert Erin Gifford named MIR an expert in arranging custom itineraries for Jewish people seeking their lost families in Eastern Europe and beyond in her article “.”
- recently gave MIR a shout-out with a spotlight article on Silk Route Odyssey: Caravan Across Uzbekistan, and also featured the tour in an article highlighting .
- GoBanking Rates blog featured MIR’s Silk Route by Private Train luxury rail journey in its round-up of “.”
- shared news about MIR’s Silk Route Odyssey: Caravan Across Uzbekistan small group tour.
- recommends MIR’s Siberian Winter Escapade small group tour as a unique adventure that’s perfect for families in need of a digital detox.
- The Manual, a men’s style website, recently featured MIR’s Inside the Russian Space Program in a round-up of “.”
- MSN mentioned MIR in “” – featuring Russia’s Lake Baikal.
- Global Traveler’s article, “,” about MIR’s Insider’s Russia: Moscow & St. Petersburg Rediscovered small group tour.
- featured MIR’s A Special Journey to Remote Franz Josef Land special tour.
- magazine and , both recommended MIR for their expertise in planning unforgettable custom overland journeys for Father’s Day.
(click on photo to see larger version)
Top Photo: View of Dubrovnik, Croatia’s bay in the Old Town; Photo credit: Martin Klimenta
PUBLISHED: August 23, 2017